BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY: A COMPLETE GUIDE FOR NATURE PHOTOGRAPHERS
An in-depth ebook and video course that will help you create compelling, personally expressive black and white photos. The Ebook + Complete Video Course is available as a bundle for $59.95 or as individual modules for $24.95 each.
ABOUT BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY: A COMPLETE GUIDE FOR NATURE PHOTOGRAPHERS
This course is designed to help you create compelling, personally expressive black and white photographs. Designed for digital photographers, these resources are highly practical, teaching you tools that can be immediately integrated into your field practices and processing workflow.
Features of the course include:
- Practical, easy-to-follow lessons to help you understand the essentials of digital black and white photography.
- Guidance on creativity, personal expression, and storytelling using black and white photography.
- Useful tips on learning to see in black and white, both in the field and in the digital darkroom.
- An overview of Photoshop and Lightroom workflows for processing photos in black and white, plus lessons on the simple tools that you can use to realize your creative vision. Although your software features/interface might be a little different than you see in the materials, you can follow along with any recent version of Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop.
- Many start-to-finish examples with practice files so you can apply what you learn and see through the lessons on your own.
Photographers with an understanding of the basic principles of digital photography, including exposure, focusing, and photo processing, will get the most out of this course.
BEST VALUE: FULL EBOOK + VIDEO COURSE
- 183-page PDF ebook including more than 80 photographs and many illustrations.
- 9 videos, including essential concepts, workflow recommendations, an overview of key processing tools (Lightroom, Photoshop, and Silver Efex Pro), and three full start-to-finish examples. The total running time for these videos is almost five hours.
8 practice files that you can use to follow along with the lessons
- Many tutorials and exercises to help you immediately implement these ideas into your field practices and workflow.
Black & White Photography: A Complete Guide for Nature Photographers includes four separate resources to help you learn. You can purchase each item separately (described below) or save almost 20% by purchasing the full bundle for only $49.95.
- PDF Ebook - $24.95. 183-page ebook about creating personally expressive black and white photos. Topics include creativity, field practices, and the digital darkroom. Includes more than 80 photos and many more illustrations. Two practice files are included.
- Lightroom Video Module - $24.95. Includes 5 videos (2 hours) on how to use Adobe Lightroom to process black and white photos, including essential concepts, workflow recommendations, an overview of key processing tools, and one full start-to-finish example photo. Two practice files are included.
- Photoshop Video Module - $24.95. Includes 5 videos (2.5 hours) on how to use Photoshop to process black and white photos, including essential concepts, workflow recommendations, an overview of key processing tools, and one full start-to-finish example. Five practice files are included.
Silver Efex Pro Mini-Module - FREE. Includes 1 video (36 minutes) on the basics of using Nik Silver Efex Pro for black and white photography, including a review of the presets panel, an overview of key processing tools, and one full start-to-finish processing example. You can watch this video here.
REVIEWS FOR BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY (SEE MORE REVIEWS HERE):
| “I have to say I’m incredibly pleased with the quality of this series. Most tutorials don’t lay the ground work for the full walk-through edit. Your [tutorials are] laid out so precisely and are so well thought out and organized. Things like a PDF with time stamps that relate to the video are INCREDIBLY helpful when I’m trying to look back at how something was done. The price point for the quality is one of the best on the tutorial market (I own at least 10 landscape tutorials). I can’t wait to up my B&W game!!! Thank you Sarah, truly impressive video series.” — Jesse
|“I just bought the ebook and it is terrific - clear instructions, thorough subject coverage, and filled with gorgeous, inspiring images. Really tremendous work.” — Charles
|“This is an excellent course with many concepts and examples well organized and presented for others to learn the making of compelling black and white images and improve their own photography. I’ve already picked up a number of ideas from what I’ve gone through so far that will help me enhance my photographs beyond what I am doing now and know there will be much more as I continue to work through the course. Thank you!” — Martin
|“I’ve just finished Sarah’s complete black and white course. I absolutely recommend it to anyone looking to develop their skills in black and white photography, from fieldcraft to editing in Lightroom and Photoshop. Really worth getting the package including the ebook. Now I need to get practicing!” — John
|“Thanks so much Sarah for the creation of this wonderful (black & white photography) course. This has helped inspire me to pursue black & white photography with a new passion and enthusiasm. In the digital era, I always though of black & white photography as something one did as a final step after completion of processing of a color photo. I now realize B&W works best when one pre-visualizes the image as B&W from the moment of capture, and processes the raw file at every step along the way with B&W in mind. Your videos and e-book have given me the knowledge of the tools necessary to succeed in this challenge.” — Erwin