BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY: A GUIDE FOR NATURE PHOTOGRAPHERS
An in-depth ebook and video course that will inspire and guide you in creating compelling, personally expressive black and white nature photography. You can purchase the ebook for $24.95 or purchase the ebook+video course for $59.95. More information about each option can be found below.
ABOUT BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY: A GUIDE FOR NATURE PHOTOGRAPHERS
This course will help you create compelling, personally expressive black and white photographs. Designed for digital photographers, these resources are highly practical, teaching you tools that can be immediately integrated into your field practices and processing workflow.
You can purchase the ebook for $24.95 or purchase the ebook+video course for $59.95. More information about each option can be found below.
Both the ebook and video tutorials include the following:
- Practical, easy-to-follow lessons and exercises to help you understand the essentials of digital black and white photography.
- Guidance on creativity, personal expression, and storytelling using black and white photography.
- Useful tips on learning to see in black and white, both in the field and in the digital darkroom.
- An overview of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom workflows for processing photos in black and white, plus lessons on the simple tools that you can use to realize your creative vision. Although your software features/interface might be a little different than you see in the materials, you should be able to follow along with any recent version of Lightroom or Photoshop.
- Many start-to-finish examples with practice files so you can apply what you learn and see through the lessons on your own.
Photographers with an understanding of the basic principles of digital photography, including exposure, focusing, and photo processing, will get the most out of this course.
EBOOK ONLY - $24.95
The 188-page PDF ebook will help you create personally expressive black and white photos. Topics include:
- Qualities of compelling black and white photographs
- Understanding tones and contrast for black and white photography
- How to see black and white opportunities in the field
- Composition and light considerations when working in black and white
- Visualizing the finished photo in black and white
- Key tools in Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop, including a discussion about the use of basic luminosity masks
- Workflow recommendations and applying the processing tools
- Many examples, including start to finish processing examples and before and after examples to help you visualize the possibilities in black and white
- Suggested exercises to help you put the concepts into practice with your own photos
The ebook includes more than 80 photos and many more illustrations. Two practice files are included.
FULL EBOOK + VIDEO COURSE - $59.95
The full ebook and video course includes:
- 188-page PDF ebook as described above
- 9 videos, including essential concepts, workflow recommendations, an overview of key processing tools in Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop, and three full start-to-finish examples. A short bonus module for Silver Efex Pro is also included. The total running time for these videos is almost five hours.
- 8 practice files that you can use to follow along with the lessons
- Many tutorials and exercises to help you immediately implement these ideas into your field practices and workflow.
REVIEWS FOR BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY (SEE MORE REVIEWS HERE):
| “I have to say I’m incredibly pleased with the quality of this series. Most tutorials don’t lay the ground work for the full walk-through edit. Your [tutorials are] laid out so precisely and are so well thought out and organized. Things like a PDF with time stamps that relate to the video are INCREDIBLY helpful when I’m trying to look back at how something was done. The price point for the quality is one of the best on the tutorial market (I own at least 10 landscape tutorials). I can’t wait to up my B&W game!!! Thank you Sarah, truly impressive video series.” — Jesse
|“I just bought the ebook and it is terrific - clear instructions, thorough subject coverage, and filled with gorgeous, inspiring images. Really tremendous work.” — Charles
|“This is an excellent course with many concepts and examples well organized and presented for others to learn the making of compelling black and white images and improve their own photography. I’ve already picked up a number of ideas from what I’ve gone through so far that will help me enhance my photographs beyond what I am doing now and know there will be much more as I continue to work through the course. Thank you!” — Martin
|“I’ve just finished Sarah’s complete black and white course. I absolutely recommend it to anyone looking to develop their skills in black and white photography, from fieldcraft to editing in Lightroom and Photoshop. Really worth getting the package including the ebook. Now I need to get practicing!” — John
|“Thanks so much Sarah for the creation of this wonderful (black & white photography) course. This has helped inspire me to pursue black & white photography with a new passion and enthusiasm. In the digital era, I always though of black & white photography as something one did as a final step after completion of processing of a color photo. I now realize B&W works best when one pre-visualizes the image as B&W from the moment of capture, and processes the raw file at every step along the way with B&W in mind. Your videos and e-book have given me the knowledge of the tools necessary to succeed in this challenge.” — Erwin